Start Luck over Eli this week?

JimmyKGB

Start Luck over Eli this week?

Post by JimmyKGB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

Eli only gave me 16.65 in my online championship league. Is it safe to assume that Luck can throw at least for 250 yards and 2TD's with one interception possible? Colts should be behind and passing while Chicago's Def looked susceptible in preseason. I am thinking about taking Eli's points off the board and going with Luck. Any thoughts?

thelunger

Re: Start Luck over Eli this week?

Post by thelunger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

tough call here but i would stick with eli.luck is on the road against a good defense and he will feel that first real game pressure.in this situation i dont see his ceiling a being much more than the 20pt range anyway.and chances are pretty good that it could be a whole lot worse.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:46 am

This waiting to see feels like an advantage...thent he game happens and you 2nd guess yourself more than ever. I have Martellus Bennett who I would not have started this week who got 14 points. My tight end is Aaron Hernandez and my flex option was going to be either Beanie Wells or Alshon Jeffery (probably Jeffery who i like this week) So i'm now almost certainly starting Hernandez and Bennett. That 14 points is solid but the lure of the upisde is always hard to resist.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:39 pm

I'd probably gamble on Luck, there's not a whole lot to lose there, I mean even in a horrendous game Luck should put up over 200 pass yards, even with INT's he'll have 10+ there. So if Luck can get 1 TD, you are basically freerolling on Eli's 16 pts; at worst you are looking at 4-6 points lost, with the opportunity for a 250/2 type game and an 8-10 point gain.