Collusion?

TR

Re: Collusion?

Post by TR » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am

KenGill wrote:Not collusion, but incompetence.
Every year we talk about solutions to this problem.
The most obvious solution is to have the system remove any bye week players and/or IR players from all lineups.
It's not going to fix everything - nor should it - but it would be a good start.
And it should certainly be something that is attainable by the IT group.
Or else make All Play the last 2 weeks so everyone has the same opportunity to pick u wins against the owners that abandoned their teams.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:02 am

TR, that's a really great idea. Move all play to the final two weeks when money is at stake and more people out of it are likely to drop.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 am

Coach JP wrote:TR, that's a really great idea. Move all play to the final two weeks when money is at stake and more people out of it are likely to drop.
It does seem like the logical thing to do in the Primetime and OL C-ship.

In the classic, everyone plays each other once, so all play isn't necessary.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 am

I would vote against any IT fix messing with my teams.It should be the owners choice on who he plays or doesn't play.The person that puts up the $$ should have total control .

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:59 pm

What happnes if your Flex spot player is on a bye? What player gets substiutted? There will likely be several options of reserve players so would the "IT fix" be to submit the one that would have scored the most points? I'm not sure how this concept would work. I would much rather support moving the All Play to the final two regualar season weeks.
Go Big Red!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 am

The word "collusion" ought to be banned from fantasy message boards. I can't count how many times I've seen threads in national competitions where somebody uses the word, and IT NEVER IS COLLUSION.

HNorseman

Post by HNorseman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:38 am

Your esteemed opinion. I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. If you bothered to read the original post, I simply wondered why a guy in line for 1st or 2nd place money wouldn't set his lineup for the last two weeks in some pretty critical games. And amazingly, he found the time to do so when the 1st round of the playoffs began... There's a question mark after the word "collusion" for a reason. Geez...

HNorseman

Post by HNorseman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 am

Or else make All Play the last 2 weeks so everyone has the same opportunity to pick u wins against the owners that abandoned their teams.[/quote]

I really like this idea, TR. Any particular reason the All Play needs to be in the first two weeks?

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 am

bald is beautiful wrote:The word "collusion" ought to be banned from fantasy message boards. I can't count how many times I've seen threads in national competitions where somebody uses the word, and IT NEVER IS COLLUSION.
I agree with this. The word has been thrown out there and it bothers me too because in order to collude, two or more owners would have to agree. In this case, there is 0% chance of collusion and 100% chance of an owner who was otherwise incapacitated or not able to fix his lineup. The guy was winning in points. No one is purposely "colluding" with another owner, risking possibly winning their league championship and in this case, getting eliminated completely, with the hopes of sharing the pot with another owner. Makes no sense.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

HNorseman wrote:Any particular reason the All Play needs to be in the first two weeks?
Re: NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013
by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 pm
http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.p ... 90#p180753