3RR In The NFFC: Necessary Or Unnecessary Evil?

driftin

Re: 3RR In The NFFC: Necessary Or Unnecessary Evil?

Post by driftin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 pm

I will just say I think the number of entries would be significantly more for this contest if you did away with 3RR and KDS. Especially at the 350 price point. I draft a lot of teams and that is probably an understatement when I say alot, and I would personally do 10 fold more nffc onlines if not for kds and 3RR. I think the other contests at the 350 price point already show this to be true. Most of the time when I sign up for an online I don't even have time to set my kds before it runs anyways.

The guys that draft one or two teams a year do not want to enter a contest that has 3 RR and KDS. They just go down the street where it is simple and spend their money.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:33 pm

driftin wrote:I will just say I think the number of entries would be significantly more for this contest if you did away with 3RR and KDS. Especially at the 350 price point. I draft a lot of teams and that is probably an understatement when I say alot, and I would personally do 10 fold more nffc onlines if not for kds and 3RR. I think the other contests at the 350 price point already show this to be true. Most of the time when I sign up for an online I don't even have time to set my kds before it runs anyways.

The guys that draft one or two teams a year do not want to enter a contest that has 3 RR and KDS. They just go down the street where it is simple and spend their money.
Why would you do "10 fold more" if it weren't for KDS and 3RR? KDS literally takes less than a minute. If you don't like 3RR, I understand, but KDS is certainly not "time consuming".

driftin

Post by driftin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 pm

I am just saying it is worthless to me for the most part because by the time I get to a computer to set it has already run in the onlines. Furthermore, they are interested in attracting new customers and new guys will just go to contests where it is easy.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:16 pm

driftin wrote:I am just saying it is worthless to me for the most part because by the time I get to a computer to set it has already run in the onlines.
Just an FYI you can set your KDS immediately when you register. Given how close to the draft time leagues are selling out these days that's something we strongly encourage everyone to do if possible.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:55 pm

I thought most everyone did that anyway.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

driftin wrote:I am just saying it is worthless to me for the most part because by the time I get to a computer to set it has already run in the onlines. Furthermore, they are interested in attracting new customers and new guys will just go to contests where it is easy.
"3RR isn't easy" ... are we losing people with an IQ under 70? Because if you can tie your shoe I think you can figure out 3RR in about the same amount of time. :roll:

driftin

Post by driftin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:33 pm

I think you are missing the point. It is not about someone's IQ Greg and Tom are trying to figure out why their 350 price point contest significantly lags behind other companies contests at the same price point. The answer is probably that simple whether you like it or not.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:17 am

We are going to talk about this topic on our Sirius show tonight and we'll bring in KJ to give us his viewpoint on whether it's working or are we complete idiots for continuing to use 3RR? :D Tune in to the STATS Fantasy Advantage from 10 ET to midnight tonight on Sirius Channel 210/XM87.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 am

driftin wrote:I think you are missing the point. It is not about someone's IQ Greg and Tom are trying to figure out why their 350 price point contest significantly lags behind other companies contests at the same price point. The answer is probably that simple whether you like it or not.
What I like has nothing to do with it, what is the truth? The answer may or not be simple, but I'm not buying that 3rr/kds is too complicated for players.

The NFFC slow drafts seem to be far ahead of others in the industry. They use 3RR/KDS. If true, that would seem to debunk your lag theory. It could very well be that other popular options for NFFC players, like the cutlines and slow drafts, spread the NFFC pool thinner for the 12-team online championship while competing sites focus mainly on those 12-team champ contests. I don't have all relevant NFFC and competitor data in front of me, but I would lean toward the answer being more along these lines than blaming it on "players are too stupid" to get 3RR, just because a few people don't like it.

driftin

Post by driftin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:45 am

Ok I bet that is it lol.