Thursday game rule implications

76erfan

Thursday game rule implications

Post by 76erfan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Greg,
Please remind us the deal with players playing in Thursday game.

Is it if we want them in our lineup it just doesnt have to be until 1 pm Sunday? And they dont need to be in lineup Thursday?

Also....is the Thursday lineup flexibility for all drafts? Even cutlines and satelites?

BLACKHAND

Re: Thursday game rule implications

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Bump
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Depending what contest you're doing, go to "Contests", click on the contest, then click rules, then control f search for "lineups".

I know for a fact that the main events (classic, prime) and auctions (excluding super auction), you can set your lineups after the Thursday game but but those players must be started or benched by kickoff of the first game at 1ET Sunday.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:13 pm

76erfan wrote:Greg,
Please remind us the deal with players playing in Thursday game.

Is it if we want them in our lineup it just doesnt have to be until 1 pm Sunday? And they dont need to be in lineup Thursday?

Also....is the Thursday lineup flexibility for all drafts? Even cutlines and satelites?
Primetimes - Don't have to set your starting lineup until Sunday. For all of these contests you can move your players in and out of starting lineups 5 minutes before the start time of their games.

Classics - Not until Sunday.

Auctions - Not until Sunday

Online Championships - Not until Sunday

Supers - it says in the Rules not until Sunday. I will have to double check on Super Auction because we switched it last year with the late draft time.

Diamond, Platinum, Ultimate 12-Team: Not until Sunday

14-Team Ultimate: Thursday lock for players in that game

Satellite Leagues: Thursday lock for players in that game

Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:16 pm

cutlines not until sunday too since its a national contest?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:48 pm

76erfan wrote:cutlines not until sunday too since its a national contest?
Correct. We still have drafts after the Thursday game.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:56 pm

"For the Super Auction League, all owners will have to set their starting lineups before the Thursday Night Game if the auction is held that morning."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:25 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:"For the Super Auction League, all owners will have to set their starting lineups before the Thursday Night Game if the auction is held that morning."
I will double check on this one and make sure we're all on the same page in the morning.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:39 pm

ATTENTION NFFC 14-TEAM SUPER AUCTION LEAGUE OWNERS: Please note that lineups lock before the Thursday Night Game for any players you have with New England and Denver. We are holding the auction in the morning and rosters will be loaded immediately after the draft, so get your New England and Bronco players locked in before the game. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's the rule for this league:

For the Super Auction League, all owners will have to set their starting lineups before the Thursday Night Game if the auction is held that morning.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:39 am

So just to clarify...

I have a team with the Carolina Def. I have another defense not playing until Monday night.

Does the Carolina Defense lock at 1pm EST on Sunday or can I wait until Monday to decide if I want/need to play a different defense?