NFFC Rules Changes Proposed For 2019; Let's Discuss

moyer1313

Re: NFFC Rules Changes Proposed For 2019; Let's Discuss

Post by moyer1313 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 am

The dumbing down of America continues. :( :( :(

Please, reverse your decision and go back to individual kickers for all the reasons stated in the past few posts.

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:05 pm

I like the team kicker decision. I'm posting this to help even out the number of comments made on this thread on that side of the issue. But I do agree that a universal survey would have been useful to see what the masses thought.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

What do people think of the idea to add one free agent move during the playoffs in the contained leagues? Sounds like they are considering it if it can be made functional. Seems like this could be done rather easily. To me, it seems like the rule is mainly designed for the overall contests. I like this idea as you don'y have to budget money for the playoffs, yet can have a little injury security which is much needed as guys get shutdown late. I had a lot of teams where I didn't have a TE at the end of the season as they both got hurt. Lot of money on the line to have nothing that can be done with an entire three weeks of injuries to deal with after free agency leading up to the last week.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:26 pm

I would be fine with that Chad. In the Classic this year I lost all of my RB's and my kicker. It didn't end well:)

Wayne

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am
What do people think of the idea to add one free agent move during the playoffs in the contained leagues? Sounds like they are considering it if it can be made functional. Seems like this could be done rather easily. To me, it seems like the rule is mainly designed for the overall contests. I like this idea as you don'y have to budget money for the playoffs, yet can have a little injury security which is much needed as guys get shutdown late. I had a lot of teams where I didn't have a TE at the end of the season as they both got hurt. Lot of money on the line to have nothing that can be done with an entire three weeks of injuries to deal with after free agency leading up to the last week.
I would vote NO if there was a poll sent out to all the owners. Too many teams would be getting bailed out... for instance, many in the championship rounds dont roster a backup kicker. If the kicker gets injured, that's a risk they took..with this rule everyone will roster just 1 kicker. Also, a guy like CJ Anderson would change the whole contest. 3 teams from each league with 1 dollar or whatever the budget is would all bid the same on him, then what? Furthermore, I don't think it would be fair for some RB needy team who limped into the playoffs after blowing their budget early in the season...to suddenly get a reprieve and be able to get a RB 1 like CJ Anderson for the championship weeks to catapult their team to the top. In the last week of the regular season, I usually have to cut some good players to make sure I have good backup depth at all the positions. If I had a tight end with some kind of injury history or any other doubts, I'd strongly consider rostering 3 tight ends for the playoffs. The good players I chose to discard for depth shouldn't be available so a competing team can pick him up and upgrade 1 of their weaker positions for the critical playoff weeks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 am

The NFFC Draft Champions Live contests will have individual kickers. Those are held the week before Week 1 and don't need to change. IT has confirmed that we will have this contest set up the same way as past years.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am

TR wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am
I would vote NO if there was a poll sent out to all the owners. Too many teams would be getting bailed out... for instance, many in the championship rounds dont roster a backup kicker. If the kicker gets injured, that's a risk they took..with this rule everyone will roster just 1 kicker. Also, a guy like CJ Anderson would change the whole contest. 3 teams from each league with 1 dollar or whatever the budget is would all bid the same on him, then what? Furthermore, I don't think it would be fair for some RB needy team who limped into the playoffs after blowing their budget early in the season...to suddenly get a reprieve and be able to get a RB 1 like CJ Anderson for the championship weeks to catapult their team to the top. In the last week of the regular season, I usually have to cut some good players to make sure I have good backup depth at all the positions. If I had a tight end with some kind of injury history or any other doubts, I'd strongly consider rostering 3 tight ends for the playoffs. The good players I chose to discard for depth shouldn't be available so a competing team can pick him up and upgrade 1 of their weaker positions for the critical playoff weeks.
Again this is just in the individual leagues, so wouldn't have helped Wayne in the classic anyway. The tiebreaker is points. They deserve it. You say that everyone would roster one kicker. Well grabbing a guy like Anderson puts you at risk, no? It is equal sum game. For every Anderson, there is a Gurley. I don't like large money contained leagues decided by injury luck. This would help a little. I understand if you do like it being decided by injury luck though. Furthermore, I play leagues at a boatload of places. There are two places where you cannot make free agent moves after week 13 in individual leagues, one being the NFFC. The other is a very similar contest with mostly overall contests. It seems like these rules are designed for those, not individual leagues. My idea is far closer to no free agency, but just a subtle change that allows for filling in injury gaps, should you choose to use it that way. I cannot imagine if all leagues everywhere closed after 13 weeks. That would be comical, which is why I think the NFFC should tweak it.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 am
The NFFC Draft Champions Live contests will have individual kickers. Those are held the week before Week 1 and don't need to change. IT has confirmed that we will have this contest set up the same way as past years.
That looks to me like a disadvantage to draft live. Drafting live which means you would have to commit to at least two if not three roster spots for kickers whereas online you could use basically one spot for a team kicker
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 am
That looks to me like a disadvantage to draft live. Drafting live which means you would have to commit to at least two if not three roster spots for kickers whereas online you could use basically one spot for a team kicker
The live leagues Greg is referring to aren't competing in the overall contest against on-line leagues. There wouldn't be a "disadvantage" because the live leagues are self-contained so that everyone playing in them is using the same rules and isn't competing against other leagues.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Mike Sanda just sent me the kicker ADP grouped by Feb-April, then May-June, and the last ast July-Sept.

Greg, It did not move at all. To say that it's a crapshoot drafting early is bogus. It's 1000% clear that kicker ADP in early drafts was the same as it was in late drafts. The big movers like Jake Elliott going from 5th early, to 8th, mid year, to 6th late year. There was just hardly any difference at all. Almost all ended the year within 3 draft spots of where they started the year.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but most of the guys who do a ton of these drafts want kickers. The only reason I'm even posting this is that if the reason to do away with kickers and go to team kickers is "We are now opening DC's in February and we know the Kicker position is a crapshoot in May and June, so it will really be a crapshoot before then. Team kicker should make it easier to draft a DC team in Feb, March, and April." That is your quote and there isn't anything true about that post. Nothing changed really changed the entire year. I did 60 of these DC's this year in your events and one other and I didn't have a single team without a kicker for any period of time at all. I feel like my competitive advantage was that I was willing to value this position and take it early while others would roll the dice and wait. Or perhaps they were willing to roll with 2 below average kickers and they put together good teams but lost because of poor kicker drafting. Now all this does is bail them out.

My bottom line is that if you make a decision to change something, make that decision on real information. Not just a random thought that it must be that way. Because your reason to change is simply not factual.

Wayne