Greg/Tom/Darik NFFC Auction Tuesday Aug 4 at 8 PM EST(sold out)

76erfan

Re: Greg/Tom/Darik NFFC Auction Tuesday Aug 4 at 8 PM EST(sold out)

Post by 76erfan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 pm

tomorrow night it is! Can we get a shareable auction board so the NFFC can follow along? Is Zoom a possibility as well?

Abney115

Post by Abney115 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 pm

I am excited about the draft tomorrow night and to show my appreciation for the opportunity to compete I would like to offer to the winner of the GTD league a $100 donation to the charity or local food bank of your choice.
Abney Coleman

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:04 am

76erfan wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 pm
tomorrow night it is! Can we get a shareable auction board so the NFFC can follow along? Is Zoom a possibility as well?
Watch along here:

https://draft.shgn.com/nfc/public/dpf/6 ... ction-grid

It's possible to do a Zoomcast tonight. Let me think about that and see what we can do.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:05 am

Abney115 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 pm
I am excited about the draft tomorrow night and to show my appreciation for the opportunity to compete I would like to offer to the winner of the GTD league a $100 donation to the charity or local food bank of your choice.
Abney Coleman
Awesome gesture Abney. Thanks very much. I'll start thinking about my favorite donation now since I know I'm winning this league this year!! :lol: But seriously, well done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Here's my team. I'm generally happy with it. I didn't get any of the A List RBs I wanted but Mixon-Ekeler is a very good duo so no complaints with that Plan B approach. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Top 3 WRs. Those were my Top 3 targets and I got all of them for the exact total price I wanted to play. I really wanted Brandin Cooks or A.J. Green as my WR4 but I was outbid for both. I do like Slayton a lot and Watkins or Miller as a WR5 is a good deal for depth.

Fun auction. Got done in 2:15 which is fantastic. Now let's have a season and play this out.

QB-Matt Ryan $7
QB-Jimmy Garoppolo $2

RB-Joe Mixon $40
RB-Austin Ekeler $34
RB-Cam Akers $15
RB-Sony Michel $3
RB-Ito Smith $1
RB-Jamaal Williams $1

WR-Allen Robinson $30
WR-Terry McLaurin $24
WR-Tyler Lockett $21
WR-Darius Slayton $5
WR-Anthony Miller $4
WR-Sammy Watkins $4
WR-Mohamed Sanu $1

TE-Jared Cook $4
TE-O.J. Howard $1
K-Dan Bailey $1
D-Patriots $1
D-Bears $1
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 pm

great time. Very fast!

Went heavy on WR when I got priced out on top RB.

QB Russ $11
QB Lock $2

RB Swift $17
RB Mostert $15
RB Breida $8
RB J.Howard $4
RB T.Coleman $5
RB Kerryon Johnson $3

TE Blake Jarwin $3
TE Chris Herndon $3
TE Eric Ebron $1

WR Hopkins $35
WR A.Cooper $24
WR C.Kupp $22
WR Chark $24
WR Landry $9
WR Emm. Sanders $8

K Prater $1
K McManus $1

D Eagles $1

Abney115

Post by Abney115 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:35 am

Had fun with the draft last night very fast. Came in with no real strategy got CEH for $35 thought that was a steal and Dalvin Cook at $44 not bad. After those 2 pretty weak at Rb with CEH’s hopeful backup in Washington for $2 and Cohen at $12. Mix of young and old wr 2s 3s and 4s no studs and the unconventional Wr handcuffs with AJ Green and Boyd for $27 combined. Love Kittle at $27
QBs
ARod-$5
Cam-$3
Rbs
CEH-$35
D Cook-$44
DeAndre Washington-$2
Tarik Cohen-$12
WRs
AJ Green-$12
Tyler Boyd-$15
Edleman-$12
Jeudy-$7
Deebo-$6
Golden Tate-$5
M Pittman-$4
Renfrow-$2
TEs
Kittle-$27
Hockenson-$3
Irv Smith jr-$3
D
Saints-$1
Browns-$1
K
Elliott-$1

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:49 am

An online auction done in 2 hours and 15 minutes with two 5-minute breaks is insane. Let's get some of our veteran live auction players to test out the software and enjoy some higher-dollar private auction leagues. Andy Saxton is going to ask around, but I think we can fill some $750 online auction leagues with great league prizes. Who's up for it?

Seriously, the auction software is fantastic and you don't get stuck with a +1 bid if someone jumps the bid to a higher amount. The software prevents that. Not a single glitch last night and everyone got the players they wanted, even if they didn't really want them. Great fun, great competition and now we hope the games play out. Here we go.

I was looking to get two back-end first round RBs for $80 and then try to build from there. The two guys I wanted came out early and I was aggressive in bidding for them because I expected all top RBs to go higher than our AAVs. I'm happy with the start, but saw some values I could have had later. Anyway, here's my team:

QB - Josh Allen $4
QB - Matthew Stafford $4

RB - Miles Sanders $44
RB - Aaron Jones $38
RB - Ronald Jones $7
RB - KeShawn Vaughn $4
RB - Boston Scott $3
RB - AJ Dillon $3

WR - Adam Thielen $26
WR - Keenan Allen $20
WR - TY Hilton $14
WR - CeeDee Lamb $7
WR - Jamison Crowder $7
WR - Taylor Gabriel $1

TE - Evan Engram $9
TE - Noah Fant $3

K - Greg Zuerlein $2
K - Stephen Haushka $1

D - Tampa Bay $2
D - Minnesota $1

Clyde Edwards-Helaire at $35 and Josh Jacobs at $32 were solid early bargains. Would have been heavy on Jacobs if I didn't have my top two RBs already at that time. Nice.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:05 am

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 am

CEH only going for $35 caught me by surprise. In retrospect I should've gotten in the bidding at that point. When he only went for $35 I thought guys like Cook, Sanders and Jones would all go in that range too so that's why I didn't go in more for CEH. I thought at least one of them would come in for a similar price. None of them did which is why I shifted to my Plan B RB approach (Mixon/Ekeler). I'm happy with those two but if I had to do it over again I would've seen how aggressively people wanted to go for CEH or just said F it and bid on Sanders and/or Jones until I got at least one of them.

Good news is Mixon and Ekeler is pretty damn good as a RB duo. Bad news is I didn't come away with at least one of the RBs I really wanted. Oh well.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich