Painful---Here comes the feedback...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:41 am

Originally posted by GK:
...I'm mocking right now and so far none of the large problems mentioned here exist EXCEPT for the following obvious ones;

1) the font is way TOO small...

2) get rid of the ad(s)...

3) it's hard to track the draft given the present setup...

...let's all pick a 3RR 14 team mock time soon sometime this morning or afternoon here so we can work some of this out and have a continuous dialouge with Greg & TK included in the same mock here...anyone want to suggest a time today (soon?!)...GK TK and I are ready to jump in with you Glenn. Pick a time and a format and we'll do it and Chat with the other owners.

How about 12:30 ET, 14-team NFFC format?

So let's say we removed the ad and put the last 10 picks there. Then you wouldn't have to toggle back and forth unless you wanted to. The Draft Summary has some great, great features, but we still need 10 previous picks showing up somewhere else. That's what we're addressing first and foremost now.

12:30?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 am

Originally posted by GK:
...Greg & TK - could you guys eat while mocking in the NFFC Style 3RR 14 Team Draft that starts at 12:30 PM EST?...it's about one hour from now and I invite all of those here who are wanting and willing to do this...please respond so that we can get to work on this ASAP...thanks much...GK Count us in Glenn. You folks pick your favorite draft spots first, then we'll jump in. Count us in.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

philpo

Post by philpo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...I'm mocking right now and so far none of the large problems mentioned here exist EXCEPT for the following obvious ones;

...let's all pick a 3RR 14 team mock time soon sometime this morning or afternoon here so we can work some of this out and have a continuous dialouge with Greg & TK included in the same mock here...anyone want to suggest a time today (soon?!)...GK TK and I are ready to jump in with you Glenn. Pick a time and a format and we'll do it and Chat with the other owners.

So let's say we removed the ad and put the last 10 picks there. Then you wouldn't have to toggle back and forth unless you wanted to. The Draft Summary has some great, great features, but we still need 10 previous picks showing up somewhere else. That's what we're addressing first and foremost now.

[/QUOTE]count me in

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'll do better than apologize on the boards Jules. I'll call you now to discuss. And if anyone else from that league wants to discuss any of this with me, I'll call them too and discuss what we're doing now on the site.

There are two easy changes we can make with the real estate on the page. We've discussed that now and will make adjustments ASAP. Our next live drafts are Sunday and we hope to have this done before then and a much better experience for all drafters. Greg, call me late this afternoon and explain to me why Ryan asked your tech guys to sit down and talk to me and others about how to improve the draft room, and then took none of our suggestions.

Also, explain why we waited an extra 2 weeks for this product so that is was fully-tested with the kinks worked out, and then it turned out to be a beta 1.01 product.

Also, why we couldn't beta test this beforehand as we wanted, such that we could avoid the fiasco that took place.
[/QUOTE]I'll call you right now and tell you. Sound good?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]10 picks... is this a 10-team draft Greg? 14 minimum. This was my main complaint with the old MDC, now you're hoping to get back to what they created in the year 1999?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:46 am

Glenn, Greg, Tom and Geoff are in there now. Jump in Phil. C'mon, let's get 14 and point out what changes need to be made.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:47 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
I know of at least one person who told me yesterday they were asked not to be critical of the NFFC Jules, this is not correct. For the record, I contacted Glenn Schroter to ask him to post some thoughts if he believed there were positive thoughts to be posted because I believed the conversation had steered away from being positive in terms of helping us to better the site and had become a forum to lash out at us and Fanball. I made it quite clear to Glenn that I did not want him to post anything he did not believe. As an influential member of our event, I believed that if Glenn had positive things to say those thoughts would be heard. If he didn't (and by all accounts he's unhappy as you are) then that's the way it goes.

But AT NO TIME was Glenn asked to post anything about the draft site that he did not believe. or was he asked not to be critical. I NEVER said that and no one should believe or infer that was the case. And obviously, no one in the $125 league had any idea I even talked to Glenn so the idea that they would somehow be reluctant to issue negative commentary is once again insulting to them.

I thought I would clear the air on that to avoid any further confusion. Take me to task for talking to Glenn if you will.
[/QUOTE]TK, are you serious? If someone had mentioned me in a post, but DID NOT use my name, and then you came on and used my name, I would be pretty unhappy. I do not think that is fair.

Greg's phone call did a world of good and that is all erased by your post.

I can't speak for Glenn as to a conversation you and he may or may not have had. And at no time was your name mentioned.

The sentence I posted above is pretty clear. It didn't say someone was asked to post something they didn't believe.

So, now we all know you talked to Glenn (we did not know that last night)...nice.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]10 picks... is this a 10-team draft Greg? 14 minimum. This was my main complaint with the old MDC, now you're hoping to get back to what they created in the year 1999?
[/QUOTE]Let's see if we can do 14 there. Obviously it's all about real estate and how much room you have for everything. If we go 14, then the Chat gets reduced and that's where picks are being posted too, but you're right, it's all relevent to what's the most important info for the drafters at the time. John is working on a draft grid that along with this space will make all of this better. We improved the baseball software quickly and this can be improved too.

The ad space is where we're starting.

I tried calling you but you didn't pick up. I'll call you this afternoon.

As I told Jules, I'll call everyone and offer a Gamers II once the site meets your standards. If it doesn't ever meet your standards, then consider the offer a peace gesture at the very least.

[ August 05, 2010, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]