SOLD OUT: New York Auction League

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks Jeff. I just need Greg or Tom to give me confirmation that the spot is mine. I texted both of them AND Frank Mammola nice and early this morning. For forcing me via peer pressure into $850, I won't lose a minute sleep knowing I woke everyone up this morning. LMAO
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Thanks Jeff. I just need Greg or Tom to give me confirmation that the spot is mine. I texted both of them AND Frank Mammola nice and early this morning. For forcing me via peer pressure into $850, I won't lose a minute sleep knowing I woke everyone up this morning. LMAO DIESEL IS OFFICIALLY IN THE HOUSE!!! It's a done deal and the NFFC New York Auction League is NOW FULL!!! Marc is in the house. Okay, let's get this thing set up and nomination orders in place this weekend. All is good here.

Thanks Marc and once again CONGRATS on the new arrival. And make sure you draft his namesake!!! :D Be good and thanks again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. And thank you for not answering the phone in the shower. LOL

I'm in guys. See everyone next week.

Glenn Schroter., I will figure out what is on that laptop of yours during the draft.

Jeff D, I know who your favorite wr is, and I will make you pay $44+ for him.

Dan M., I will tip the bartender closest to the Sheraton so I know you're purely hungover for the auction.

Zwickels, Zwickels, Zwickels. $132 to do what you do this year. You, and everyone that knows you know what I mean.

Blackhand...you're the auction rookie, so my best advice to you is not to bring any paper or magazines or pens or pencils. Just do everything in your head, and buy defenses first @ $13-$19 per defense, and of course kickers @ $9-$11. Its good to get them out of the way.

Marc

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 am

Great news! Could be one of the best auctions ever. :D

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 am

The only thing I ask is that the 2 glenns please take it easy on us... It's a long drive home to Cape Cod with a sore butt!!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 am

thats what i like to see. family is the most important thing. one happy family. the Auctioneer is my uncle's friend so he will be fair. :D :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:46 am

Ahhh the infamous Glenneration X too? I'm going to bring a bucket of chum because its time to go shark fishing.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Ahhh the infamous Glenneration X too? I'm going to bring a bucket of chum because its time to go shark fishing. Jeez, after taking a closer look at who's signed up for this league, I'm just hoping not to embarrass myself in front of my father.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

This looks like a fun league, and although a lot of new faces, it takes me back to 2004 when Eddie Gillis fell out of the chair!

I gotta get back to NY next year.....if there is a NY next year! :(

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Eddie falling out of his chair is easily one of the Top 5 all-time NFFC moments.

And don't despair about NY, Billy. We're not abandoning ship. We simply have to take a look at everything and see what makes sense and what doesn't. Going to Citi Field for the NFFC was not a good move last year but while Manhattan is ideal the cost of doing business there can be difficult. I'm checking out the Brooklyn Marriott when I'm in town as a potential host site for the NFBC. So perhaps that's something we'll consider for both events next year.

But it's too soon to be worried about what may or may not occur in 2012. Let's have a great 2011 first.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich