Question Of The Week: Can You Win With Brady?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 am

My column on this very subject will appear tomorrow afternoon on Rotoworld.com's football pages. Thanks for all the help folks. This has been a fun topic to explore.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:

Wayne [/qb]...so sorry but in reality you will NOT be able to draft this squad as you did here...SNAKE [/QB][/quote]

Snake,

That is why I said it's just a mock.... :cool:

The point is that you can still take 2 stud WR's and there is some RB talent left in the 4th -6th rounds.

Wayne

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Watch the QB panic in your draft! The earlier Brady goes the earlier Big Brother gets drafted as well as Romo, Brees and CP. This scenario wouldn't surprise me at all in many leagues.. Brady getting picked between 5 and 8. Manning going late 1st, early 2nd; Romo going mid to late 2nd and both Brees and Palmer gone by the middle of the 3rd. [/QUOTE]Never happen. Well maybe in a couple of odd drafts but not on average unless you're drafting with about 20-30 MB regulars.

RB's are still the popular choice among all players. The typical NFFC draft will have 1 QB in the 1st...1 in the 2nd...1 in the 3rd and 2-3 in the 4th. This is pretty consistant with an average year in the NFFC main event with the exception of 6 QB's gone by the end of the 4th rather than 5.

[ June 10, 2008, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
Watch the QB panic in your draft! The earlier Brady goes the earlier Big Brother gets drafted as well as Romo, Brees and CP. This scenario wouldn't surprise me at all in many leagues.. Brady getting picked between 5 and 8. Manning going late 1st, early 2nd; Romo going mid to late 2nd and both Brees and Palmer gone by the middle of the 3rd. [/QUOTE]Never happen. Well maybe in a couple of odd drafts but not on average unless you're drafting with about 20-30 MB regulars.

RB's are still the popular choice among all players. The typical NFFC draft will have 1 QB in the 1st...1 in the 2nd...1 in the 3rd and 2-3 in the 4th. This is pretty consistant with an average year in the NFFC main event with the exception of 6 QB's gone by the end of the 4th rather than 5.
[/QUOTE]Prefer your scenario... ;)

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Riff, with all of the RB injuries last year, increased number of teams employing duel RBs and a year of 3RR experience this years draft will take on a new look.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:

[/QUOTE]Prefer your scenario... ;)
[/QUOTE]Me too but unfortunately last year Rob and I were in one of those odd drafts. Romo went in the 4th when he was going 7/8 in most drafts. :(

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:59 am

Okay, my column on this subject is on the NFL home page at Rotoworld.com. Enjoy:

****://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, my column on this subject is on the NFL home page at Rotoworld.com. Enjoy:

****://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx Funny how a certain recently-retired QB just happened to slip into the storyline.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 am

Greg,

Enjoyed the article. The only issue I would have with it is; I believe T.O. is every bit as important to Romo's success as Moss is to Brady's. If, T.O. pulled another Philly caper, which I don't believe will happen, Romo goes from being a top 2, 3 or 4 QB to somewhere in the 6-10 range. If Brady lost Moss, he goes from #1 to possibly 4 or 5.
But I agree Brady definitely needs Moss to warrant a 1st round selection.