Mock Draft Order Set For June 30th

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:51 am

Okay, the first 14 guys who e-mailed me to get into the official NFFC Mock Draft that will be published next month in Fantasy Sports Magazine is official. I have a draft order for those guys and their picks will be showcased in our magazine. We'll host the draft at Mock Draft Central.com on Wednesday, June 30th at 7 p.m. EST. Jason Pliml will set it up and each person will have one minute to make their picks. We won't have any breaks and will get this done in no time at all. We'll feature the draft on our Message Boards and within the magazine, so it should be fun.

Here is the official draft order, which was picked randomly at our KP offices today:
1. Don Thompson
2. Will Robertson
3. Michael Edelman
4. Gregory Morgan
5. Dave Cushard
6. Gordon Gekko
7. Vegas Gamblers
8. Walla Walla
9. Jersey Paul
10. David Fisher (Liquid)
11. Diesel
12. Jersey Dawg
13. Stephen Nover
14. Ken Magner

We can create another mock draft for that night and possibly get that one published as well. I have received interest from other NFFC members to get involved, so just e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like to be involved in a second NFFC mock draft for the same time that night. No sense keeping the fun limited to these 14 owners. Anyway, these 14 spots are set and if anyone has to bow out at the last minute please let me know so I can fill that spot. Have fun and pick smart!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:25 pm

The 7 spot, it will be a tough one, But at least I'll know that I wil do better than Gekko (will you post his drafted players? or is that a secret too . Looking forward to it.

Greg, you can use my real name, I have nothing to hide. ;)

Philip Barto

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
The 7 spot, it will be a tough one, But at least I'll know that I wil do better than Gekko (will you post his drafted players? or is that a secret too . Looking forward to it.

Greg, you can use my real name, I have nothing to hide. ;)

Philip Barto The smack talk starts already...I was ready to turn a new leaf and reveal who I am and how my team is doing in baseball, and I was going to do it for football, but Phil's post just pushed me over the edge again. Sorry.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:51 pm

Just tried to log on to Draft central and couldn't get on. I was able to before and I know they were updating the site a day or two ago. Everyone whos doing the draft next Wednesday might want to make sure they can get on ahead of time.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:35 pm

John, I already asked Jason Pliml to set up that league for us and to e-mail everyone a password to make sure they have access to that draft. That's why I set this up a week in advance to get this straight with everyone. If the site is down tonight, have no fear as I'll have Jason give us an update tomorrow.

Looking at the draft order, I didn't realize that I had Gordon Gekko sitting between Dyv and Vegas Gamblers. Can you imagine if this were a real live draft and that was the setup? Those three would be wrasslin' like kindergartners at recess time. That would be worth the price of admission alone!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:47 am

Greg, The Web site was fine. Turns out they just changed the password. I got the new one by requesting it through the sites link. Just thought I'd pass that along if any other NFFC members were trying to use it.

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:24 am

hey Greg...are you going to be asking for any thought process's behind our picks for the publishing? Or is it only the actual draft that will be getting published? And will there be a league setup anywhere to follow through with the mock draft to see how it turns out for a door prize or something? Just wondering thanks..

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:54 am

We will list every team owner, every pick in a graph and provide a one sentence explanation about each pick as it pertains to NFFC scoring. We have a quick turnaround on this with our magazine going to press, so instead of asking for analysis on each pick I may e-mail each of you after the draft to get a quick synopsis of your strategy and thoughts on the draft. Sorry, but we go to press quickly after the draft and need to whip this up in a hurry.

I wasn't planning to play this league out, but at the end of the year I want someone to tell me who finished with the best team and I'll provide an autographed memorabilia piece as the prize. We should be able to determine the best team, shouldn't we??? Okay, now draft well everyone.

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:31 am

sounds good..thanks...

kal8898

Post by kal8898 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:49 am

Hey Greg,
Are co-commishioners names going to be put in the Magazine as well? I am edelman24's (Mike Edelman) partner and will be there with him at the Mock draft as well. Thanks
"Until there are none, Rescue One"
Rogers' Rescues
http://www.rogersrescues.com