Boston league BS..Ethics be dammed!

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 am

DT, you have issues man! I know your wacky thread had nothing to do with me, but Eddie is a good friend of mine and he plays the game just like me...........Grind to the end! That's why he's had the success that he's had and you haven't. Just because things don't go as well as someone would like doesn't mean you give up and don't make pickups?

Who the hell do you think you are calling out someone for making pickups? He did nothing wrong. Obomanu - Robinson and Romo are the guys your pissed off about???? If those guys were going to make a difference on your team then you have bigger issues to worry about.

Instead of complaining and coming up with conspiracy theories all the time just play the game and maybe you can do as well as Eddie has done. Sorry man, but Frank and Eddie had nothing going on. Eddie doesn't play that way and I'm pretty sure Frank didn't call up Eddie and say "Hey Eddie pickup Obomanu and Robinson because DT needs them"? :rolleyes:

If someone looked at your roster and was trying to screw you, they would not pickup WR and QB. RB and TE would be the positions to target.

Your waaaaay off base! :confused:

[ November 25, 2010, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: The Franchise ]
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 am

Can't blame someone for continuing to try. If your main competition was playing this team, and this lousy team had "given up" and not tried to better his team, you would probably be complaining that he gave up.

You can't possibly PROVE that they are "out to get you", unless you have an e-mail, phone conversation recorded, etc, so why even post???

I don't know you that well either DT/Azzurri, but your level of paranoia is comparable to only one other on these boards.

Not good company to be in IMO. :(

Have a great Thanksgiving! :D

[ November 25, 2010, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:
DT, you have issues man! I know your wacky thread had nothing to do with me, but Eddie is a good friend of mine and he plays the game just like me...........Grind to the end! That's why he's had the success that he's had and you haven't. Just because things don't go as well as someone would like doesn't mean you give up and don't make pickups?

Who the hell do you think you are calling out someone for making pickups? He did nothing wrong. Obomanu - Robinson and Romo are the guys your pissed off about???? If those guys were going to make a difference on your team then you have bigger issues to worry about.

Instead of complaining and coming up with conspiracy theories all the time just play the game and maybe you can do as well as Eddie has done. Sorry man, but Frank and Eddie had nothing going on. Eddie doesn't play that way and I'm pretty sure Frank didn't call up Eddie and say "Hey Eddie pickup Obomanu and Robinson because DT needs them"? :rolleyes:

If someone looked at your roster and was trying to screw you, they would not pickup WR and QB. RB and TE would be the positions to target.

Your waaaaay off base! :confused: So Eddie G is the owner accused of being involved in a conspiracy to screw DT in this league... What a joke!!!!

Greg please ban this loser from the boards for awhile as this kind of garbage is uncalled for. :(

[ November 25, 2010, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:03 am

I think it's a shame that any NFFC owner has created a thread criticizing any fellow owner for trying to improve his team. That's insane. You can't take the FAAB dollars with you, so you sure as hell better use every dollar and improve your team for the stretch run and the post-season. There is a Championship Round and a Consolation Round and I think everyone should play this out for a shot at those grand prizes.

If Don is accusing a fellow owner of conspiring in this Boston league, then I take that very seriously. But improving your team isn't a conspiracy against any other team that I can see. It's called playing out the string. It's embarrassing to see Don call out Eddie for improving his team. Don is having a great NFFC season and is in line for a league title and the overall title, but these constant whinings about his competition has gone overboard this time. Man up and play the game with your team and if it's the best it will be proven at season's end.

Sorry, I don't see a smoking gun here. And I'm sorry Eddie that someone has called you out for continuing to improve your team. I'm not sure how that affects his team from continuing to score the most points in this league.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:04 am

In my.classic league I'm 288 points behind. I bid on 3 players this week. I picked up Romo last week while out of it. I don't know anyone in my league, simply play my best to win each week regardless of the standings.
Joe

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:20 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Greg please ban this loser from the boards for awhile as this kind of garbage is uncalled for. :( I'd take it a step further even and consider banning him from the NFFC! He obviously has no clue about sportsmanship or basic human decency.

Hey DT, did you ever think that, aside from people just doing the right thing and playing out a season, building their team for the consolation round, maybe your attitude has just rubbed people the wrong way and more than anything they just wanna see YOU not win? And it doesn't take collusion or intra-league discussion to do that; they just have to block you on the wire and try to beat your whiny ass when they play you. :rolleyes: I know I'd sure be gunnin' for someone like you if we had to tolerate your childish behavior all season. Grow a sack man!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:10 am

i have been off the boards for a day or so. first ofv all happy thankgiving to all. next thing is fuucckk you dt. eddie and i are friends but never talk bout pickups. your a sick sick sick man but im not going to let you ruin my day. time to eat and watch football.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:12 am

Hell i got blocked big time the last 2 weeks and the only person i blame is myself for not keeping enough money to prevent that from occuring..

BRAVO! to the teams who were smart enough to play spoiler.. To actually come out and complain about it is HILLARIOUS. What do you want everyone to just give in and allow you a chance to win money.. i don't careif the team was 0-11 going into this week, it wouldn't matter.. their intentions on blocking you are IRRELEVANT.. they can do it for any reason they want.

Don't cry just push ahead..

No top team has been plagued with injuries more then me.. Lost Gates, lost mcfadden during year, lost Floyd, lost creighton now, lost Nicks, im still up in pts by 35pts, i wanted hagen = blocked, i wanted Ben O WR= blocked, wanted robinson = blocked, wanted shipley = blocked, all the teams that got these guys were well behind me, i applaud them, it shows how competitive the leagues are i play in... i wouldn't expect any less.. i ended up with Buffalo's 3rd WR now to start sunday.. like i said i blame myself. nobody else.

good luck all this happy thanksgiving..

I am praying for a Calvin Johnson Holiday today and im praying for one of those explosions from Robert meachum.. i have no choice but to start the inconsistent WR from NO. at least i go into this weekend without any choices.. i've done all i can do....goodluck all
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 am

It's like I teach my kids... when you "commit" to something, do it right and do it to the best of your ability until you fulfill that commitment. Regardless of whether you like it or not and whether it benefits you or not.

Integrity is such an admirable trait. That trait at times seems to be compromised more times than not.

I applaud the guys sticking with their leagues.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:19 am

yo... had to get some more words off my chest. dt , when eddie and i played vs each other we talked crap. he got me by .15 of a pt. we talked the next day and laughed bout it ( even if i felt like throwing up ) when you play in this event you play all the way through. i have done that when my record was terrible. if you win that extra 2500 use it for a doctor. you need some serious help.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN