Vegas Hotel Rates?

Walla Walla

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Walla Walla » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Jules, You are right on about the hotels in Las Vegas. I walked away from the NFBC drafts this year with a bad taste of things to come. The followup with the website problems was the final nail.

Tom Kessenich

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Hello all. I wanted to pass along this link for fatwallet.com There are tons of links on there for reduced rooms/ incentives.

Give it a looksee...

Hotel codes for discounts... Thanks for posting this. There are still plenty of great hotel rates available in Vegas. Cal Suer posted some as well in other thread. So even if folks can't stay at the Bellagio, there are a lot of good rates available in Vegas.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Jules, You are right on about the hotels in Las Vegas. I walked away from the NFBC drafts this year with a bad taste of things to come. The followup with the website problems was the final nail. Nail it down John and keep it shut. If you had a bad taste of Bellagio at $149 a night for rooms during March Madness, then obviously your taste is geared towards a different level of comfort. And if we did bad with buffet and open bar at the Bellagio, well, we apologize. And if our web site caused your AL Auction League team to be where it's at now, we apologize. We all have to move on, but thanks for the post anyways. Pound that final nail, John.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Jules, You are right on about the hotels in Las Vegas. I walked away from the NFBC drafts this year with a bad taste of things to come. The followup with the website problems was the final nail. Nail it down John and keep it shut. If you had a bad taste of Bellagio at $149 a night for rooms during March Madness, then obviously your taste is geared towards a different level of comfort. [/QUOTE]Maybe Whina Whina was looking for something like this??....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R85vbT20zOE

kjduke

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by kjduke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Greg & Ryan, when room rates surpass 150/night (not to mention the extra 50-100/day I'll spend on overpriced food/etc at Bellagio and the like) I'm either looking for another place to stay or drafting online. I like nice hotels, but a room just isn't that valuable to me - and I'd guess the same is true for a majority of your customers.

I know you guys have a relationship and preference for Bellagio, but I hope you keep room rates in mind when you're negotiating 2011 for the NFBC/NFFC.

[ June 29, 2010, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

RedRyder

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by RedRyder » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg & Ryan, when room rates surpass 150/night (not to mention the extra 50-100/day I'll spend on overpriced food/etc at Bellagio and the like) I'm either looking for another place to stay or drafting online. I like nice hotels, but a room just isn't that valuable to me - and I'd guess the same is true for a majority of your customers.

I know you guys have a relationship and preference for Bellagio, but I hope you keep room rates in mind when you're negotiating 2011 for the NFBC/NFFC. I so AGREE!!!!!!!
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

I know you guys have a relationship and preference for Bellagio, but I hope you keep room rates in mind when you're negotiating 2011 for the NFBC/NFFC. I so AGREE!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]Well, I don't disagree KJ and Jules. We had Bellagio room rates of $109 and $149 per night during the two weekends of March Madness. It was an unbelievable deal we had for our NFBC members and the Bellagio was happy to have us there for three different events over 10 days. We quickly agreed to work together for football, too.

We put the deal together for the space and food and beverage and was ready to go. I was excited. Unfortunately, Labor Day weekend is still a very busy time for hotel rooms and as much as we tried we couldn't get a lower rate after hoping for a rate just north of what we had the second weekend in March. I agree, we don't want people to stay elsewhere and draft with us at the Bellagio, but this time that may be the case if folks can't find a lower rate at the Bellagio. Some folks did a few months back, but as the Bellagio will tell you thinks are picking up in Vegas again and they're just not discounting for this weekend.

But I agree with what you're saying and we'll do our best in Las Vegas. It's not easy sailing there for a number of reasons and Labor Day weekend makes it especially tough there. But hopefully folks will find the best deal possible wherever they decide to stay and still join us for a fun, fun time in Las Vegas.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Money » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:26 am

Vegas fills up for the Labor day weekend every year. Players should be encouraged to make their reservations as early as possible.

The corner where the Bellagio resides has Caesars Palace, Bally's and Bills Gambling Hall. Bally's and Bills have rates around $100. This entire corner is connected by a walk around (above the street) connecting each of these hotels, which makes getting around very convenient. Bills is older and has a old time sports book and very reasonable food prices.

I'm staying at Caesars this time as they comp me, which sounds good, but over the years has probably cost me a bit more than the going rates.... I look forward to the Bellagio as it's a GREAT hotel. The NFBC experience there could not have been any better for me.
Joe

Walla Walla

Vegas Hotel Rates?

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 am

Greg, I made a post to Jules that I believe she called it right on. Your attack on me for this post was not called for. I didn't direct it to you. I've supported the NFBC for seven years and the NFFC for a couple of years too. If you just want payed entries who fawn over every fanball move than restrict the boards. But don't go off on me.