What Did 3RR Feel Like To YOU?

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:02 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I certainly am not a fan of Javon Walker either, but I would NEVER pass on him for MarShawyn Lynch.

You can get a RB two rounds later (Fred Taylor comes to mind) that will put up Lync numbers. He is sharing time with A. Thomas, has a HORRIBLE OL, a brutal schedule, and showed NOTHING during the preseason.

4D, while I like your WR's, it seems you have a #1 (Housh- who I love), and THREE #3's. Holmes should be nice, Cotchery should be solid, but CJ is not a #2 IMO.

4D,

EVERYONE has a hole on their team, and yours appears to be at RB2.

Just my opinion. Billy, while I DO have a hole at rb2, those aren't my wrs except for Housh.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:05 am

I certainly am not a fan of Javon Walker either, but I would NEVER pass on him for MarShawyn Lynch.

You can get a RB two rounds later (Fred Taylor comes to mind) that will put up Lync numbers. He is sharing time with A. Thomas, has a HORRIBLE OL, a brutal schedule, and showed NOTHING during the preseason.

4D, while I like your WR's, it seems you have a #1 (Housh- who I love), and THREE #3's. Holmes should be nice, Cotchery should be solid, but CJ is not a #2 IMO.

4D,

Just my opinion. You are referring to mine and RB2 is a problem.

To say CJ, Holmes and Cotch are all #3's is ridiculous.

And since when did pre-season numbers mean anything?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:06 am

4D,

Just my opinion. WELL PUT BILLY. EVERYONE DOES HAVE HOLE ON THEIR TEAM AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. PEOPLE WHEN JUDGING TEAMS ALWAYS SAYS WELL YOU ARE WEAK HERE AND THERE BUT IN A 14 TEAM LEAGUE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FILL EVERYTHING WITH MERIT. YOU JUST GOT TO HOPE A SLEEPER HERE AND THERE CAN FILL THOSE OPEN GAPS. THAT'S IT!!!!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:12 am

You can get a RB two rounds later (Fred Taylor comes to mind) that will put up Lync numbers.Taylor did not make it to my next pick and no one will ever win taking him.

All the WR I took are way better than any of the sluggo RB's other took to be there flex.

What good is taking Evans and J.Walker when your next three are Curry, Engram and Northcutt?

The 2rb-4wr plan yielded 75 more points than ANY other plan. Palmer at 3? less pts. gates at 3? less pts. Brees at 4? less pts.

I don't need Lynch to do that well to win. I need DET to throw the ball like crazy and I have no doubts they will.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:19 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
[/QUOTE]WELL CONSISTENCY IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE EXPECATIONS ARE REALISTIC GIVE OR TAKE A CATCH HERE AND THERE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TIME TO SAY 20-25 RECEPTIONS OUT OF FOUR GUYS IS THE BEST RECEIVING CORE YOUR LEAGUE HAS TO OFFER IS SKEPTICAL.
[/QUOTE]Show me more from your league.

5 catches per game = 80 for the year.

Show me a team in your league that has 4 of those?

Welker had 67 with MIA last year. he will get 80 easily this year. Perfect bye week WR IMO.

TJ had 90 in 14 games last yr.

95-100 this year.

CJ with 70-80

Holmes with 70.

Cotch with 85.

Welker with 80.

That's 320 min, about 20 per week.

Teams 4,7,12,13 are all there with me at 300-320 in LV1.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect. His projection was higher than mine, but I drafted him on his ability.

Walker is about as inconsistent as any top WR.

Having LT, I want consistency in my WR's. I want 20-25 receptions out of my 4 guys per week.

TJ 6, Cotch 5, CJ 5, Holmes 4-5, Welker 5.
[/QUOTE]WELL CONSISTENCY IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE EXPECATIONS ARE REALISTIC GIVE OR TAKE A CATCH HERE AND THERE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TIME TO SAY 20-25 RECEPTIONS OUT OF FOUR GUYS IS THE BEST RECEIVING CORE YOUR LEAGUE HAS TO OFFER IS SKEPTICAL.
[/QUOTE]Show me more from your league.

Welker had 67 with MIA last year. he will get 80 easily this year. Perfect bye week WR IMO.

TJ had 90 in 14 games last yr.

95-100 this year.

CJ with 70-80

Holmes with 70.

Cotch with 85.

Welker with 80.

That's 320 min, about 20 per week.

Teams 4,7,12,13 are all there with me at 300-320 in LV1.
[/QUOTE]THAT'S FINE. AS LONG AS YOU ADMITTED THERE ARE 4 OTHER TEAMS THAT HAVE WR'S JUST AS CAPABLE AS YOURS. YOU WERE STATING EARLIER YOU RECEIVERS WERE THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE AND I QUESTIONED THAT. HOWEVER SINCE YOU SAID THERE ARE FOUR OTHER TEAMS I AM O.K. WITH THAT. MIND YOU THIS IS SIXTEEN WEEK SEASON NOT SEVENTEEN WHICH YOU ARE AWARE OF. ONLY 9 RECEIVERS CAUGHT 80 BALLS OR MORE IN 16 WEEKS (15 GAMES). (A.JOHNSON, HARRISON, COLES, DRIVER, FURREY, HOUSH, HOLT, WAYNE, AND CHAD). SO DON'T INFLATE YOUR NUMBERS TOO MUCH.

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:31 am

Originally posted by UFS:

I think I have a pretty good set of WR in LV3-
T Owens
A Boldin
J Cotchery
M Muhammed
B Marshall

But I am as equally happy with my RB trio of Westbrook, A Green and J Jones.

UFS-
I think expecting 80 catches out of Welker is wishful thinking in that offense. As for CJ getting 70-80 catches... maybe, but Furrey will still get alot of looks there.

Good debate and will be fun watching it unfold.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 am

Originally posted by TexasHeat:

I think I have a pretty good set of WR in LV3-
T Owens
A Boldin
J Cotchery
M Muhammed
B Marshall

But I am as equally happy with my RB trio of Westbrook, A Green and J Jones.

UFS-
I think expecting 80 catches out of Welker is wishful thinking in that offense. As for CJ getting 70-80 catches... maybe, but Furrey will still get alot of looks there.

Good debate and will be fun watching it unfold.
[/QUOTE]I like those... With all the RB questions, having 4-5 solid WR's each week will be more valuable THIS year in a 2-4 lineup.

If Lynch gets 8-10 TD's, I will be fine.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Let me add one more question to this thread:

After competing over the weekend, do you have a preference now where you'd like to draft in 3RR? If given the choice after experiencing this new format, would you remain where you listed your top preferences or do you see a more favorable spot now?

It's funny, one of our veteran NFFC members drafted from the 1 spot and the 13 spot in separate events this weekend. He said he liked the back end best of all and would probably favor that next year. I thought it was an interesting observation. Any further thoughts from the crowd?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:11 pm

I liked where I drafted (7th). I always prefer to be in the middle as it is easier to avoid being left out of long runs on positions. That being said, I think an owner can do well from anywhere if they are prepared. Also, even though I prefer middle of the order drafting, I still think 3RR is a great addition to help even the teams out a bit. Thumbs Up from me.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"